A visit to the salon will help your dog feel hygienic, his velvety coat and refreshing scent make you want to cuddle him more. But what about a dog groomer’s hygiene?
For this purpose, he uses specialized apparel.
Now, along with the right grooming apparel and equipment, and expertise in his job, a dog groomer needs the right pair of footwear is as he has to spend most of the time standing and doing water-based work in the grooming station. No want wants blisters or sore feet!
So, after a bit of research, we have reviewed the best shoes for dog groomers like you!. Let’s take a look!
A Comparison Table for Dog Groomers Shoes
The dog groomer’s shoes and boots have diverse features and specs. It is good to have them critically analyzed for you so that you can know the best. The following table bears the information of the reviewed shoes and boots:-
Product Review On The Best Shoes For dog Groomers
You can choose the best dog grooming shoes for you from the above specialized and efficacious footwear from the above-listed dog groomer shoes.
1. Sloggers Women’s Waterproof Rain And Garden Shoe
- Includes Sloggers' exclusive "All-Day-Comfort" insole for maximum comfort.
- Heavy duty lug tread for excellent traction.
- Fit info: Whole sizes only. Fits true to size. Half sizes order up. For a perfect fit, search for the Sloggers Half Sizer insole (style 330BK, ASIN B000KMA9X6).
Gone are those days when dog groomers had to find waterproof shoes which would serve the purpose along with looking awesome! First up, there are these beautiful waterproof shoes from Sloggers which fit perfectly, neither moving up and down while walking nor scrunching your toes. So no worries of water getting inside while bathing the doggo.
These not only serve as multipurpose but also they are versatile when it comes to size, color, or function. They range from size 6 to11, and as many as 35 design options are available, some with even paw prints! they incorporate a good design that enhances comfort. Moreover, the shoes are recyclable. Non-latex and vegan-friendly materials are what make them so eco-friendly!
Thankfully, those of you who have to day-long shifts can wear them without developing blisters, redness, or feeling any sort of discomfort. And to top it all, they have a deep lug signature tread to give you suitable traction.
With effortless slip-in and slip-off, these versatile shoes have got an excellent grip too. Alongside, they have a wonderful tread that doesn’t slip even when you are working in a wet place. That’s another reason why they are so favored.
Again, the heel has been kept at an appropriate level to give you sheer comfort. Nevertheless, those who have wide feet might face some problems finding the right shoe for them.
Best shoes for dog groomers? Undoubtedly this is one of the kind! Get yourself one pair without delaying much!
- Comfortable insole makes it wearable all day long
- Can be cleaned effortlessly with a wet cloth only.
- A wide range of color options is available to choose from
- The insole is removable, making it easier to wash and air dry when needed
- Comes in multifarious sizes, choose whichever one you like
- Have to lug your steps a bit
- Might take some effort while fitting wide feet
2. Zhuanglin Women’s Quick Drying Aqua Water Shoes
- Breathable and durable air mesh upper allow the foot to breathe
- Solyte midsole provides an exceptionally lightweight midsole with excellent bounce-back and durability
- Water Grip outsole provides exceptional traction in wet and slippery conditions
The next contender for the best shoes for dog grooming shoes is the highly dependable, quick-drying aqua shoes from Zhunglin, specifically designed for women. These shoes have an impressive array of styles and colors and are popular for their lightweight functioning!
It will feel like you’re wearing next to nothing as these are so lightweight! This is important because when you are going to the dog, lightweight is exactly what you need. They have very good traction and drainage, and they are breathable owing to the mesh structure.
The shoes are made with 90% fabric and they range from sizes 6-11. Durable and breathable air mesh has been used in the construction of the outsole which allows your feet to breathe and drains the water well. In the midsole, Solyte is used which makes it lightweight and durable, which bounces back ability. And the sock liner provides ideal cushioning performance for a healthier shoe environment.
Even if aren’t prepared for them getting wet, these water-resistant shoes will be a great one to keep your feet dry and cozy, which is pretty much all you need for a pair of aqua shoes. The fit also seems satisfactory and most of the consumers are happy with the comfort level.
However, some dog nails, though won’t get inside the shoes, might get stuck to this mesh design, which is a little downside of these shoes. It can be removed easily though.
But overall, this is definitely one of the best women’s water shoes that you can buy for a reasonable price.
- The fabric mesh structure creates a breathable and cool environment for the feet
- Non-slip hollow design in rubber sole for good grip
- Lightweight outsole and high resistance insole to increase overall durability
- Water grip outsole helps to withstand wet surfaces
- Easy to wash and dries quickly
- The might be a little issue handling the shoestring clamp
- Small objects can get stuck in the mesh fabric, though they won’t reach the inside.
3. Bogs Men’s Urban Farmer Low Waterproof Work Rain Boot
- 100% Waterproof
- Slip On Design
- Low profile just above ankle
Is your main concern related to having something light on your foot? If so, then the men’s waterproof rain boot from Bogs is highly recommended for you. It is a versatile boot with effortless slip in and off and high water resisting capability!
Shoes with high ankle, wide mouth, and round toes are considered one of the most functional types, as they make walking and working easy without restricting calf movement. And these Bogs boots rightly serve the purpose of quick transition between on and off!
They are just above ankle level, not covering the calf, not below the arch. The opening has been kept wide for easy wearing and taking off the boots, but they have a good grip as well. Furthermore, it has a comfortable shape to be apt as workwear.
The shoes have a rubber sole and a rubber upper, and that’s one of the most important things for the longevity of the boots. Moreover, neo tech insulation is used to seal the shoes, so that your feet remain and there is no water. The boots have performed exceptionally well in clinging to slippery platforms.
Concern regarding these boots is that they’ll protect you less against water spills are there is no shaft for covering the calf.
All in all, for both professional and personal, indoor or outdoor use these shoes are a tough contender!
- Built with 100% premium quality rubber for sheer comfort
- Low profile for better movement
- Effortless slip on and off
- Good rip and minimal traction
- Neo tech insulation and moisture-wicking lining to keep the feet dry
- Less protection against water splashes
- People with wider feet might find the opening a bit small.
4. Ryka Women’s Hydro Sport 2-W
- Synthetic and mesh. Webbing midfoot cage provides medial and lateral support.
- Removable, perforated Nitracel footbed.
- Compression molded EVA foam with drainage ports.
Luckily you don’t have to bother about shoes matching your outfits if you select your shoes this way. To impress even the most fickle dog groomers, there are these Hydro sport 2-W from Ryka, they will make some great waterproof dog grooming shoes! Durability and grippy sloes are the reason why it’s so popular!
These cool pairs of shoes come in sizes from 5 to 12 and they have 15 unique patterns and designs. Considering comfort for women, these shoes have wide instep and narrow heels to fit a woman’s foot perfectly!
Good quality rubber makes up the outsole of the shoes, which is great as this type of material doesn’t lose traction on slippery surfaces. Again, they are resilient and flexible, which helps them to adapt to various foot movements. There are drainage ports on the outsole to allow the exit of water for quick drying.
Mesh fabric makes up the upper part, which makes the shoes breathable and lightweight. And the toe box and heel have been overlapped by synthetic to avoid damage. Moreover, both the collar and tongue and padded to ensure proper comfort. And there is a removable footbed which is incredibly comfortable too!
There are some complaints about the shoelace not being strong enough though.
Despite this, its comfort and quick-dry capabilities are highly applauded. For water-related and other grooming activities, the Ryka Hydra Sport is considered remarkable footwear.
- Lightweight built and design
- An efficient drainage port helps in quick-dry up
- Mesh and drainage port help the shoe to dry off
- Good outsole traction even on slippery areas
- Durable and comfortable
- The toggle has durability issues
- Breathability is not up to the mark
5. Alegria Women’s Keli Professional
- Certified by the American Podiatric Medical Association as a recommended footwear
- Leather upper, lining and insole
- Removable footbed with podiatrist certified arch support
Want to explore new designs while buying your shoes? With over 60 patterned designs available, next on the list is the subtle yet cheerful Keli woman professional shoe by Algeria shoes! No matter what design you’re opting for, you won’t ever have to compromise with comfortability.
The Keli from Algeria is a special slip-on type shoe, particularly made for women. It features a padded collar for support, elastic v-gores for utmost comfort, and the signature removable footbed, all of which guarantee comfort all day long.
The shoes fit securely around your feet as the construction has been done meticulously. They have got slim silhouette on the flexible outsole. The special outsoles keep you up and on your feet, and the insoles are magical! They’re designed to conform to feet from the minute you put them on. Moreover, elastic at each side of the instep allows easy use. And the snug fit is ensured by the padded heels.
Not a dealbreaker, but some customers complain that they had to face problems finding the right size for their feet.
The construction of these shoes has been done keeping comfort in mind. Though they are on the pricier side, overall these amazing dog grooming shoes are suitable and worth giving a try!
- Leather-covered insole keeps your feet fresh and breathable all day.
- Slip-resistant casual outsole with a clean-finished silhouette
- The footbed is removable, so easier to clean and dry
- Elastic is used in the instep to ensure a secure fit
- Stain-resistant leather helps get rid of dog fur and water
- Might have to spend some time looking for the right size
- The toe area is a bit flat.
6. NORTY Women’s Hurricane Wellie – 14
- NATURAL RUBBER KEEPS YOU DRY: Even on the wettest, snowiest days you can enjoy dry feet. Lined with cotton for comfortable all day wear. Look great in the garden, doing any outdoor chores or even about town. Choose from 14 different rain boots in fashionable solids and prints.
- LONG SHAFT FOR MAXIMUM SPLASH PROTECTION: The 13.25-inch tall shaft gives you plenty of coverage so your calves stay protected from splashes and mud. The glossy finish washes clean easily so you always look great.
- BETTER TRACTION: Rubber lug slip-resistant tread soles provide a stable platform for your foot. 7/8" heel height and 3/8" platform.
Dog groomers wear special uniforms to perform their duties. What about a functional and groom-friendly cute pair of boots that incorporates well with them? Next up, there is this glossy and matte waterproof pair of wellies from Norty, specially designed for women groomers.
Rubber boots are lightweight and work best when you have to handle things related to water. Comfortable shoeboxes with all-day comfort insole and flexible rubber outsole make these boots appropriate for plunged works like dog grooming. And to bewilder you
They are available in 6 sizes from 6 to 11. The boot opening measures around 15 inches and the rubber heels are ⅞ and ⅜ for providing stability on the ground. To safeguard you from splashes they have been kept around 13.25 inches meaning, so your legs will remain dry too.
The most wonderful thing about them is they are nonstick- hair doesn’t stick to them at all. When you groom a dog, even if the coat, brush, etc. comes in contact with the bots, they won’t be contaminated. Moreover, their stylish patterns are eye-catching
However, some customers complain about the calves being a little tight, so they have to go for a size bigger.
Nevertheless, these high-class, and spectacular boots are more than suitable for dog grooming! If you are going for style and fun, this is one great bet!
- Made with natural rubber which is best for protection against the wet surface
- Have cotton lining inside for all-day comfort
- Longer shaft for protection against water splashes
- Slip-resistant rubber lug sole for good grip
- Gives good traction and minimal tread.
- Some customers complain about the calves being a bit tight
- Not suitable for rainy weather.
7. Kamik Women’s Heidi Rain Boot
- High-gloss rain boot featuring waterproof rubber upper and ATRIUM outsole for maximized traction on wet surfaces
Searching for a boot that is appealing enough to wear for professional works as well as casual hang out? The exquisite boots Kamik Heidi is a great one to choose from! As it appears these boots have a glossy finish that looks stylish and at the same time its performance as a grooming shoe is awesome!
The Kamik Heidi prominently combines simplicity and performance. Their shoes are both functional and fashionable, this one being no exception. These affordable boots are perfect for mild and moderate weather and provide sufficient comfort while working as well.
These boots have a rubber and atrium outsole with an opening of around 13.5 inches and the shaft is 11 inches. The foot box has an EVA insole and a comfortable footbed. They range from sizes 6-11 and have more than 10 color options.
When it comes to comfortability, these boots outperform so many others out there! There is sufficient support and room inside them, yet they have an excellent grip. With ample traction, they are also cent percent recyclable and created with reflective binding and patches for them to be visible at night. Cool, right?
A little drawback for these simple boots is that the fitting to a wider calf can be a problem.
The amazing price with a blend of style and personality makes these waterproof dog grooming shoes a tough competitor in the market!
- Constructed with top-quality rubber and atrium to keep your feet dry
- Stylish and attractive, yet comfortable
- Suitable footbed for prolonged use throughout the day
- Strong grip on slippery surfaces
- Lightweight outsole which is heavy duty
- Might not suit wider calf
- Might not suit fallen arches
8. NORTY – Women’s Ankle Rain Boots
- COMPLETELY WATER RESISTANT: Your feet will stay clean and dry in the rain, the snow, and even while walking through puddles and mud. These boots provide excellent water resistance. They run large, so make sure to order a half size smaller for the perfect fit.
- STURDY AND WELL CONSTRUCTED: These boots are made from high quality rubber that won't crack when it stretches. They are built to last, whether you are using them for long days in the garden or wearing them whenever it rains. The boot opening is 12", and the boot height is 6".
- EXCELLENT GRIP: The soles of these boots have a cleverly designed tread that gives you good traction in wet and muddy conditions. Keep your footing walking through muddy fields and on uneven areas.
Want to keep your feet dry and blister-free post the dog bathing and trimming session? If so, the rain boot from NORTY perhaps is the one you had been looking for! Along with being a perfect partner in your daily dog grooming sessions, it’ll support you in various weather conditions like muddy weather, stormy weather, and snowy weather as well!
For you, some of the perks of these boots are discussed above.
To begin with, the construction has been kept incredible. The natural high-quality rubber material with a glossy finish is incredibly water-resistant. Water and trimmed coat will just slide right off the surface, never getting inside the boot. So they can be considered ideal for messy jobs.
Next comes benefits. Firstly, the cotton-lining inside them will help keep your feet perfectly dry. Secondly, wearing or removing them is not an issue, the flex band on each side stretches when you need to slip in and off your shoes. A pull tab on the back of each boot effortlessly helps in this case. As you step, the boots brace your arches and ankle perfectly, with no tension about any blister or chafe.
However, some customers complain of the slight chemical smell it loses when it’s taken out of the box.
Nevertheless, the shoes for groomers render as a profitable item owing to their water protection ability and sturdiness. Go for it now!
- Complete resistance against water and post bathing specks of dirt
- Constructed with premium quality rubber material that doesn’t crack when stretched.
- Gives a non-slip and strong grip, even on wet, slippery surfaces
- Great for other casual activities or outdoor chores
- No chafing or blisters-pure comfort
- Leaves off a slight chemical scent when it’s taken out of the box
- Pretty heavy for small feet.
9. Crocs Women’s Jaunt Shorty Boot
- RAIN BOOTS FOR WOMEN: Bring on the rainy days, soggy gardens, muddy trails and puddly sidewalks. With these Jaunt Shorty rain boots for women, your feet will stay dry while you stay comfy and stylish
- RACING STRIPE: Crocs women's rain boots feature a midsole racing stripe for added style. These rain boots for ladies have rubber ousole pods to enhance traction and durability with every step
- WHAT SIZE SHOULD I BUY?: These rain boots offer a roomy fit and we recommend ordering a size up to the next largest whole size
Looking for an ultralight, inexpensive, yet durable working pair of shoes? Well, the last one on the list for you is a pair of ‘shorty’ boots from Crocs, which might remind you of the typical rain boots you see in a children’s animation or book. If you’re a fan of such a style, they will be the perfect choice for you!
As the name suggests, these boots are above ankle height, meaning they’ll reach above ankle, but stay right below the calf. The measurement of the shaft, heel, and boot opening is respectively 8 inches, .97 inches, and 12.5 inches, making it ideal footwear. These big, wide, and bold pairs of boots are considered optimal for grooming being so comfortable.
Another thing to admire is the innovation of a new closed-cell resin in the footwear industry, typically owned by Crocs, the Croslite. Their shoes feature this material and produce lightweight and non-marking shoes, which makes them ideal for casual use along with professional use like grooming. Not only this, you can use it for hiking, gardening, and even boating.
As the material is not conventional rubber, it insulates astonishingly well for not being made with conventional rubber. Again, if you want a foot warmer, these boots won’t disappoint you!
However, there are 2 holes cut on the sides of the shaft, like 5 inches above the ground. It somehow decreases the waterproofing effect.
The versatility of these shoes is what makes them popular to such a wide range of consumers. If the design appeals to you, these are fun grooming shoes to wear while working!
- High-quality Croslite sole protects well against wet conditions
- Outsole pods for increased durability
- Comfortable heel keeps the feet cushioned and dry
- Easy to slip in and slip off using the holes
- Comes in a wide range of sizes to choose from.
- The hole on the sides somewhat diminishes the ability to guard against water.
- Not that Suitable for outdoor use.
How Do Dog Groomers Keep Dogs Still?
A calm and happy dog is what all groomers in the world want on the grooming table. Though it’s pretty tough to make it happen actually. Still, they try various tricks, and if they’re lucky those work for most of the dogs
- A gentle approach towards a hyper or nervous dog works. The groomers talk calmly and softly pet them until the dogs start to become comfortable
- Rewarding the dog with a treat till he’s calm and removing it when he becomes uncooperative is another trick they apply.
- An anxious dog sometimes calms down when a towel is placed on its head or eyes.
- To keep him still, sometimes a second tether is tied around his waist
- Some infuse their workspace with lavender-based candle fumes or colognes to calm the dog down. Essential oils are said to have natural calming properties.
What are dog grooming tools?
A list of must-have dog supplies is given above for those who want to turn their grooming passion into a career or simply want to groom their pets at home.
A quality comfortable surface is needed for the dog to rest on. Some have tethers tied to keep the dog still.
Brushes and combs:
Various kinds of brushes are available for dogs based on their coat length and thickness, bristle brushes are the most commonly used. And some combs required for grooming include shedding combs, flea combs, medium, and coarse comb, tail comb, etc.
Dog shampoo and conditioner:
These are very important as they will help the dog look and feel great. Flea shampoo, shedding shampoo, scented shampoo, and conditioners is what you should root for.
To free the dog from all kinds of debris and dirt, bathing is the first priority. A good bathing station with an adequate water supply, hose arrangement, sink, and tub available will work best for all sizes of dogs.
Eye, ear, and nail cleaning kit:
The eyes and ears of a dog are most susceptible to bacteria. So equipment and solutions for eyes and ears should be kept. And to trim nails, clippers are required.
How To Groom A Dog?
Dog grooming is basically like spa treatments that are designed for any kind of dog breed (Retrievers, Bulldogs, German Shepherd, Goldendoodle, etc). It includes steps like body wash, hair trimming, nail clipping, etc. Grooming a dog helps him look as neat and clean as possible. Let’s look at the steps on how to groom a dog.
Preparing the supplies
Before starting the grooming session, gather brush, comb, shampoo, towel, hairdryer, nail clipper, toothbrush and paste, cotton swabs, ear solution, all these in a place. It will save you a lot of time.
Brushing the coat
A good stroke of the brush in the fur gets out most of the shed fur and some dirt too. Brushing your dog regularly keeps your dog’s coat healthy.
Brushing the teeth and cleaning the ears
You should brush your dog’s teeth at least once or twice a week. The dog certified toothpaste and brush it thoroughly on the surface of the teeth. For ears, use an ear solution and dab it around his ears using cotton, making sure to dry it completely.
Trimming the nails
Dogs have a living part inside their nails called the ‘quick’. For white nails, they appear pink, and for black nails, there’s a dot close to that quick. While clipping the nail, you should take care to not clip this part.
Shampoo and cleanse
Shampoo shouldn’t be used too frequently, once in 2-3 weeks is okay. Apply a small amount after thoroughly drenching his body. And then lather his fur gently from head to tail. Make sure to spray water on your dog and get rid of every bit of shampoo.
Drying and brushing the fur
Dab a towel all over the dog’s body until it dries completely. If your dog has a longer or thicker coat, use a no-heat hairdryer and blow-dry.
Mainly these are the steps. If your dog needs a trim, it’s better to have it done using a professional as there might be a risk of a cut.
Shoes for Professional Dog Groomers – Buyer’s Guide
When you are buying boots or shoes for dog grooming purposes, you should consider the following aspects:-
The material that the shoe or gumboot is made of should not be compatible with hair. Hair should not stick to them.
The sole should have good treads to ensure that you will not slip when you are wearing them. The best is a rubber sole because it does not break, and it is non-slip.
Comfort is key because you cannot wear it, and stay with a shoe or boot which is squeezing your foot. You should go to a comfortable one.
This is equally important. Buy a shoe or boot that fits you properly without leaving a big loose gap.
Frequently Asked Questions
Does a professional dog groomer use injection to quieten the dogs down?
The professionals have the ability to quieten the dogs down with their words and gestures. They don’t need an injection of sedative to calm the dog down.
Do dog groomers wear gloves?
While handling dogs, to avoid getting scratched, gloves can be worn. Again while bathing them if the chemical-based shampoo is used, then wearing gloves is recommended. Nitrile gloves are ideal for this case.
What do dog groomers use to make my dog smell good?
Cleaning the eyes and ears of a dog properly brings about a great chance in the odor, as it kills the bacteria. And to make a dog smell good, scented pet safe conditioners are used. They also sprinkle a few skirts of doggy perfume.
How can I calm my dog at the groomers?
The night before groomers visit, take your dog out somewhere and make sure that he gets plenty of exercise. This way, he won’t explore the grooming area much and will be all calm and relaxed. Also, pet your dog and give a message to his body at the groomers. You can also try calming treats. Another option is trying out aromatherapy.
As a hygiene professional, you spend most of the time of your days taking care of pets, so we have compiled the best shoes for dog groomers to take care of you!
Given the wide variety of shoes available in the market today, hunting for some good groomer shoes can be an exhausting task. The features you need to look for while buying shoes are material, built quality, size, sole, and comfortable fittings.
The shoes mentioned above have been listed after extensive research. Each stands out uniquely in its own attributes. These are definitely good investments, so choose the optimal one for yourself without delay!
Last update on 2022-01-29 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API