10 Best Chew Toys For Dachshunds 2020: Buyer's Guide
The dachshund's teeth have to be strengthened and trimmed to avoid overgrowth and looseness.
In fact, all carnivorous animals are given rubber balls to chew them to trim their teeth and also to strengthen them. That is the same purpose that the best chew toys play. Precisely, the human fingernails, toes nails and hair grows all the time they must be cut short.
The teeth of carnivorous animals also grow and they have to be cut and that is the role that is played by the chew toys. When the dog is chewing, the teeth are cut short.
- 10 Best Chew Toys For Dachshunds 2020: Buyer's Guide
- Top Picks Dachshund Chew Toys: Comparison Table
- The Best Chew Toys For Dachshunds - Review
- 1. Benebone Wishbone Dog Chew Toy
- 2. Aipper Chew Toys For Puppies
- 3. Nylabone Flavored Durable Dog Chew Toys
- 4. Petstages Dogwood Stick Wooden Toy
- 5. EETOYS Toys for Aggressive Chewers
- 6. Pet Qwerks Dinosaur BarkBone Chew Toy
- 7. Oneisall Dog Toys for Aggressive Chewers
- 8. Tikaton Indestructible Toys for Aggressive Chewers
- 9. Benebone Real Flavor Dental Chew Toy
- 10. Eastblue Chew Toy
- Buyer’s Guide For Selecting Chew Toys
- Frequently Asked Questions
Top Picks Dachshund Chew Toys: Comparison Table
Fortunately, the following comparison table has purposely been done for you, to facilitate you to pick your preferred chew toy easily. It displays and lays everything side by side to enhance you to pick the products easily:-
The Best Chew Toys For Dachshunds - Review
1. Benebone Wishbone Dog Chew Toy
This toy is made carefully after careful research which determined that they have a strong sense of smell. Consequently, when the dog comes into contact with the scent of this toy and then gives it a bit, it gets totally hooked to it.
After the first bite, the dog tastes the toy’s flavour and falls in love with it. Categorically, these toys are made for dogs between 30 and 90 pounds. However, the largest size is the best. However, you should be careful with them. They are just supposed to be chewed but not eaten, and by dogs only.
When it wears out considerably, you should get rid of it and even the chewing should also be closely monitored. It can cause reactions to other animals and humans who are allergic to chicken, nylon, pork and peanuts.
- It is made of 100% natural food scent and ingredients
- Integrates 100% real bacon
- Made in a design which is friendly for dogs
- Not edible because they are hard
- Weight: 3.84 ounces
- Made using high standards
- Natural and organic
- Sweet-scented and flavoured
- Good for your dog’s teeth
- Can cause allergies to humans and animals
- Should be chewed under supervision
2. Aipper Chew Toys For Puppies
This incorporates a total of 12 durable toys. They are chew toys, IQ treat ball, rubber balls, interactive toys, ropes toy, squeaky toys, etc. All of them are designed to instill some principles in your puppy.
They also clean your dog’s teeth and their gums are massaged. Furthermore, they are also helped psychologically because the toys are stress relievers. Instead of biting anything that it comes across, it focuses on the toys.
The toys are non-toxic not to mention that they are also high-quality. You will not panic about your dog's safety because the toys are not poisonous. They also incorporate random colours and they are fit for puppies, and small dog breeds.
- Has a total of 12 toys
- Good for your dog’s dental cleaning
- Have random and attractive colours
- Massages the dog’s teeth and gums
- Removes plaques from the teeth
- Weight: 1.7 lbs.
- Dimensions: 10 x 7 x 2.5 inches
- Safe for your dog
- Has many oral and dental benefits for your dog
- Removes bad habits from your dog
- Prevents gum disease
- Wears out with time
May Like To Read: 12 Best Hypoallergenic Dog Beds: Impartial Choice
3. Nylabone Flavored Durable Dog Chew Toys
Dogs get bored when they are idle and you have to find an alternative for them. Nylabone is expertly designed and manufactured with your dog in mind. Furthermore, this company has been running since 1955 hence creating confidence in the clientele.
The toys are made in diverse shapes and sizes to favour all kinds of dogs. Your dog remains busy to avoid boredom, anxiety, stress and destructive chewing. The flavours and textures of the toys are also different t accommodate the diverse styles of dogs chewing.
Moreover, the flavours are delicious and the dog gets hooked to chewing the toys. In addition, the chews also have dental solutions to take care of the dog's teeth and gums.
- The chew toys contain chicken and bacon flavours
- They challenge even aggressive chewers
- Have sturdy nylon bones
- Remove plaque and clean dog teeth
- Good for dogs of up to 50lbs.
- 5 ounces
- Good for your dogs’ teeth and gums
- Has nice flavours
- Relieves dogs from boredom, stress and anxiety
- Controls destructive chewing
- Wears out with time
4. Petstages Dogwood Stick Wooden Toy
Sometimes dogs turn to chew pieces of wood like sticks and timber. To avoid this, the manufacturer has designed a wood-like chew toy that you can buy for your dog and enjoy.
Moreover, this wooden toy incorporates the taste and texture of a real tree branch. However, it is durable and does not splinter when your dog is chewing. If your dog has bad habits of destructive chewing, it will be controlled by this toy.
It also integrates Mesquite BBQ flavour not to mention the real smell of wood to keep it natural.
- Has different sizes – 4 in particular
- Ideal for outdoor plays and throws
- Controls destructive chewing
- Do not splinter
- Have natural wood smell and BBQ flavour
- 7 ounces
- Good for outdoor use
- Does not splinter
- The toys do not have phthalate and lead
- Goof for your dog’s teeth
- Wears out with time
5. EETOYS Toys for Aggressive Chewers
This chew toy is made of tough polymer nylon which is sturdier than the regular one but it is bendable. When the dogs bite, they leave teeth marks on this toy.
With time it wears and tears because of the dog bites. It is made resembling real bones including the shape. When the dog sets its eyes on them, its natural instinct makes it get attracted to the toys.
The material that this toy is made of is odourless and safe for your dog. When the dog bites the toy, the small particles that will disintegrate from the toy and get swallowed will easily pass through the dog’s alimentary canal and finally be egested.
- Has a lifetime replacement guarantee
- The toys come in different sizes and flavours such as beef, lemon, and bacon
- It takes boredom and stress. It also relieves excess energy from the dog
- Weight: 4 ounces
- Safe and non-toxic for your dog
- Great for your dog’s dental hygiene
- Compatible with toothpaste and you can apply it on the toy to keep the dog engaged
- Sold in limited countries
6. Pet Qwerks Dinosaur BarkBone Chew Toy
These bones are quite amazing and their quality is indisputably high. All the raw materials are sourced in the USA and they have been confirmed to be safe for your dog.
They are free from toxins and they do not cause side effects like allergies. They are also made in different sizes according to the size of the dogs. Categorically, they range from large to XXXL bones.
However, these bones are not edible but they contain peanuts. You have to monitor the dog closely when it is chewing these bones to ensure that it will not eat what disintegrates from the bone.
Apart from taking care of the dental well-being of your dog, these bones also massage the dog's gums and remove plaques from the teeth. To top it all, these bones control destructive chewing behaviour in dogs.
- Made of USA bacon and nylon (FDA approved)
- Massages teeth and gums
- Relieves excessive energy and boredom in dogs
- Controls destructive behaviours in dogs
- Weight: 7 ounces
- Large Bone for 25 lbs. dogs
- XL Bone for 40 lbs. dogs
- XXL Bone for 80 lbs. dogs
- XXXL Bone for 120 lbs. dogs
- Healthy for your dogs’ teeth
- Controls destructive chewing habit in dogs
- Non-toxic and allergen-free
- Deserves careful monitoring
7. Oneisall Dog Toys for Aggressive Chewers
When your puppy is alone and idle, it can result in developing odd behaviour and destructive chewing. However, you can control these by buying this chew toy for your dog to play with and chew.
Moreover, the bone is safe for your dog to chew because they are made of nylon and food. When the dog chews this bone and testes the bacon flavour, it gets glued to it.
You cannot regret buying this product because it is durable, hence you will not have to replace it soon. Furthermore, it is sturdy and cannot be damaged easily. The only time when you can buy another one is after 6 months.
- Wards off negative chewing habits in your dog
- Good for the dog dental hygiene
- Indestructible hence durable
- Made of nylon and bacon
- Weight: 2.56 ounces
- Dimensions: 5.9 x 1.2 x 1.8 inches
- Safe for your dog
- Maintains your dog’s teeth
- Has warranty
- Green in colour which is not so compatible with dogs
8. Tikaton Indestructible Toys for Aggressive Chewers
It can be quite boring for your dog to remain idle. That can cause it to develop bad chewing habits that can be destructive. The chew toys are made of nylon and they are fit for aggressive chewers.
Instead of chewing sticks, timber, shoes, and furniture, you should buy this chew toy for them. It is shaped like a bone and any dog size can chew it safely and in a hassle freeway.
This bone does not have any toxins or wear out easily. The manufacturer avails it in three sizes: small, medium and large and it incorporates beef flavour.
- Tough, durable, safe and non-toxic
- Integrates a beef scent and flavours
- Available in 3 sizes
- Resembles a real bone
- Removes boredom and stress in dogs
- Small: below 15lbs. dogs
- Medium: 15 – 60lbs. dogs
- Large: over 60lbs. dogs
- Looks like a natural bone
- Has beef flavour
- Safe and enjoyable for your dog
- When one among many dogs, they can fight for it
9. Benebone Real Flavor Dental Chew Toy
This is a carefully made chew bone that integrates the natural features and qualities of what dogs love. Categorically, dogs fancy fleshy scents and flavours because they are carnivores. Therefore, the manufacturer has integrated exactly that in this chew toy.
It is hard hence not edible because the dg cannot be able to break it with its teeth. The ingredients of this bone include peanuts and it is made in sizes fit for different dog sizes like 30, 60, and 90 lbs. dogs.
- They are hard, hence not edible since the dog cannot be able to break it when chewing
- It is designed and manufactured in the USA
- Has real natural scent and flavour
- It is also healthy for your dog’s teeth
- Weight: 7.2 ounces
- Colour: Brown
- Integrates a dog-friendly design
- Made of natural ingredients
- Safe and non-toxic
- Strengthens the dog’s teeth
- It wears out with time
10. Eastblue Chew Toy
The design is not natural like other chew toys. In fact, this one does not look like a bone. It has a modern look that does not look natural and even the colour is not like that of what a dog would love.
It is made of natural rubber which is harmless and non-toxic. This chew toy also integrates grooves and bumps which massage the dog’s gums as well as cleaning the dog’s teeth.
The toy is also great for games because it is rolls and bounces when you throw it. In addition, this toy gets rid of destructive chewing habits by training the dog to chew it.
- The toy has a toroidal shape
- Has grooves that massage the dog’s gums
- Cleans the dog’s teeth
- Nice for games and chewing
- Diameter: 5.2 inches
- Thickness: 1.6 inches
- Made of natural rubber
- Safe and non-toxic rubber
- Has customer support
- Nice for chewing and games
- Relieves your dog from boredom and stress
- Its colour is not compatible with dogs
- Not preferable compared to other chew toys
Buyer’s Guide For Selecting Chew Toys
When you go to the supermarket or visit Amazon or the manufacturer's website, you could have a series of questions that you want to be answered before you can settle for the exact product that you want to buy. Wherefore, what should you consider?
You should look for a chew toy that will last for long enough to avoid replacing it soon. This depends on what the toy is made of.
The chew toy should not only be safe for your dog to chew, but also non-toxic to avoid poisoning and other side effects. Some are made of nylon while others are made of wood and natural ingredients.
Material determines some factors about the chew toy. For instance, durability, friendliness to the dog, etc. when you find your dog chewing timber, furniture and other wooden things, you can buy it a chew toy which resembles wood.
A natural color is good because dogs are used to white bones which are covered by brown flesh. Therefore, when you buy such natural colors, the dog will be captivated and not lose interest soon.
Flavor and Scent
These two are very important. Preferably, you can buy a chew toy that has a beef taste and scent. When the dog comes into contact with these two, it gets hooked.
Going for a chew toy that resembles a bone is of added advantage. Due to the dog's natural instinct as a meat-eater, it will be impressed by a chew toy that looks natural.
Frequently Asked Questions
Some of the questions that buyers ask about these chew toys include the following:-
Q: What are the chew toys made of?
A: Most chew toys are made of nylon, rubber and some include peanuts and other natural ingredients.
Q: Are they fit for all dog sizes?
A: Yes. The manufacturers manufacture some for puppies and for small dog breeds, medium and large.
Q: Do they have any side effects?
A: No. All the above do not have any side effects but they should not be eaten. However, some require supervision when the dog is chewing.
To sum it up, these is what you need to know about the best chew toys for Dachshunds. They are good because they eradicate bad chewing habits, boredom, and keep your dog active. The dental hygiene and welfare of your dog are taken good care of satisfactorily. You cannot regret buying them for they have benefits galore.